GHS @ O P Jindal University, Sonipat
GHS @ O P Jindal University, Sonipat
OP Jindal university hostel state-of-the-art accommodation designed by French architect, Stephane Paumier gives every student the feeling of a ‘home away from home ’.
The 7100+ student beds are spread across 80+ acres of green campus. Separate housing blocks for boys and girls, these are designed with comfortable, well-planned contemporary accommodation with convenient to use quality fittings. OP Jindal hostel rules are drafted to ensure maximum security and safety of the students.
The hostel cafeterias are of modern design with the capacity of 2200 seats spread across 6 dining halls and four floors offering a well-designed food menu with healthy food options available for the students.
Specially designed food courts; housing outlets like Subway, Domino’s & Bercos. Recreational facilities within campus like gymnasium and other indoor games such as carrom, chess, pool table, table tennis, foosball etc. in the common room of the respective hostel buildings and the outdoor games such as, badminton, basketball, cricket, football, swimming pool, volleyball etc. adds fun to the daily routine of the students. The beautiful landscape surrounded by lawns, bushes and trees makes the walk to the university a pleasant one. The hostel is designed with well-planned, safe, comfortable and contemporary accommodation with convenient-to-use quality fittings. The hostel has dedicated power back-up in case of power outage. The water supply is adequate and 24×7.
- Wi-Fi accessibility
- 24×7 Security, 680+ CCTV cameras for surveillance (for both boys & girls housing)
- 24×7 doctors, ambulance and pharmacy services
- 24×7 centralized air-conditioning
- 24×7 wardens for student support
- Amul ice cream parlour, Chai Tapri, Café Coffee Day express, Juice N More, Tailoring house outlets are also available on the campus
- Separate salon for girls and boys
- RO drinking water fountains, hot-cold water dispensers
- Microwave and refrigerator at convenient locations
- Online software for room service requests– housekeeping, engineering etc.
- Moti Mahal Delux, Subway, Punjab Grill, Chowrangeelane, BRC Café, Krishna Tunga, Burger Point, Dominos & Berco’s, are part of the Food Court.
- Dining services including three common cafeterias serving regular and a healthy choice menu.
- Library, common rooms and reading rooms
- Outdoor sports facilities like basketball, cricket, volleyball, lawn tennis, badminton, swimming pool.
Vending machines in each block
Discover our blogs
Nearby things to do
Yes, we have ATM’s available inside the campus at various places.
Is there a provision to leave behind heavy luggage in the hostel room when the student goes on leave at the end of the semester?
Yes, a student can leave their luggage in the room, we have tight security and it will be secured with us.
- Medical centre is located in the campus and Ambulance service is available 24*7
- A pharmacy to buy the needful is available but charges will apply on purchase
- In case of an emergency, the patient student will be referred to the nearby hospital and parents will be contacted immediately
You are expected to pay the hostel fees as per the schedule declared by the hostel authorities. Hostel allotment is for a period of one year.
A student cannot leave the hostel in mid-semester. In case the student leaves, the fees would not be refunded
- Students are discouraged to use any electronic devices in their rooms as the wiring (of the room) is not designed to take the electrical load of these appliances. In case any student wants to bring the fridge to be used in his/her room, he/she will seek permission from Dy. Chief Warden/s, at least 24 hours prior to bringing it to campus. Students shall not bring any fridge of more than 80 litres capacity. The fridge can be used by a student in his/her room only if there is no objection from other roommates to use the same in the room
- Possession and usage of electronic device like computers or any hardware etc. needs prior written permission from Chief Warden and a copy of the same needs to be submitted to GHS staff for record
- GHS(S)PL or the University shall not be liable in any manner for any action / usage of such electronic items, hardware etc by the Student
- Student shall use only for lawful activities and in compliance with laws and at his / her own risk and shall also be liable to indemnify GHS(S)PL for the loss or damages suffered by it due to any use or misuse of such electronic items, hardware etc.
- Electronic devices such as Washing Machine, Music Systems, etc are not permitted in case you have a really special reason, penalty will be charged
- Maintain the electrical equipment in the room as well as in the Hostel areas. Replacing/ missing or damaging any electrical equipment is strictly prohibited or the resident will be charged
Ragging is ‘a menace pervading educational institutions of the country’. Jindal Global University (JGU) and GHS believes in inculcating discipline and social integration among its students. In furtherance of this objective and with the aim of protecting its students from immoral and inhumane acts of ragging, JGU has adopted these Regulations to address preventive, procedural and punitive aspects of ragging. These Regulations seek to enforce the University Grants Commission Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009. Prohibition of Ragging
o All forms of ragging are prohibited in JGU.
- . Students are encouraged to participate in Hall activities arranged by officially recognized student-led societies in the University or the Wardens from time to time.
- The hostel rooms are subject to inspection at any time of the day or night. The Wardens / Officers of the University shall ensure that hostel rooms, Common Rooms, Verandahs and surroundings are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like liquor, narcotic drugs and psycho tropic substances, lethal weapons etc., are kept in the rooms in the hostel. It shall be the duty of students to help and assist the University Staff, Wardens and Assistant Wardens in discharging their responsibility in an appropriate manner.
- Students must observe the timings indicated elsewhere for taking meals and for returning to the Hall after leaving the campus during weekends or other days.