Must-have gadgets for students in their hostel life these days
Choosing to study away from home could be exciting and daunting for some. Living independently could be hectic, and with endless assignments and attending social events with friends, striking a balance could be tricky. So, anything that can make your academic life a little easier is worth carrying along.
The rooms provided by GHS hostels are fully furnished and equipped with all the necessities a student might require to have an unhindered living, but here are some carry-ons that one should consider if they’re thinking about living independently at a hostel:
– Noise-canceling headphones/earphones Hostel life comes with fun, excitement, and socialising. It’s fun when you feel like mingling with everyone, but what if you need your space and time? To stay on a call with your family, work on an assignment, or watch late-night study lectures or movies? Your headphones/earphones work like a charm!
– Power bank The usage of smartphones has spiked in teens in the past few years. Considering e-learning, online lectures and some binge-watching, all would require a smartphone, resulting in battery drain out too soon. A power bank can work as your backup battery whenever you need it, while travelling or while you’re binging and you don’t have a socket beside your bed.
– Battery night lamp (with a few extra batteries) A night lamp is an essential gadget, especially thoseliving in a hostel sharing a room. It’s not necessary to have a roommate with the same mindset. What if he wishes to sleep early at night and study later on? A night lamp serves the purpose of late-night studying without causing disturbance for other people in the room.
– Portable hard disk University life means a lot of assignments and a lot of memories. A lot of projects and memories mean a lot of data. A portable hard disk is a saviour for a student to store all the data he wants to be saved & wants to keep safe to reminisce or for future reference.
– Extension board Having most things running on battery, they often need to be charged, and sharing a room means a dual need of sockets. An extension board serves the purpose of charging all of the gadgets together in one go without worrying about the chance to use the socket.
– Electric steamer It’s impossible to determine when one can fall ill. Having steam isn’t the cure, but it’s a proven remedy to keep one’s immunity strong and have a healthy breathing routine. An electric steamer aids you in getting steam quickly by just adding water to it— a must for students living on their own.
Gadgets make your (hostel) life easy. And while being bombarded with assignments and wanting to balance your personal and academic life, relying on them is not a harm. So, make sure to pack them for your journey.